Keeping your home in good condition is sure to be at the top of your to-do list. This may mean putting a new roof on your house when necessary. The cost of doing so is typically one of the top considerations for most people, and this is based on the type of material you will use. By knowing the roofing materials that are available to you, this can help you make the most cost-effective decision.
One popular way to replace the roof on your home is with asphalt shingles. This is one of the lower costing options and the average price per square foot for this type of material is $1-$4 per square foot.
There are many other benefits to selecting asphalt shingles, and these are listed below:
1. There is a variety of colors to select from that will compliment the exterior of your home.
2. Asphalt shingles are durable and may last up to 20 years in some cases.
3. These shingles are easy to install and maintain, as well.
If you're looking for an extremely durable roof, you may want to consider metal roofing. Studies indicate this type of roofing can last up to 75 years for some homeowners.
Listed below are other reasons to select a roof of this kind:
1. Metal roofs are very light-weight which makes these easy to handle.
2. This roof if resistant to fire and this could be an extra safety measure for your property.
3. Roofs of this type are friendly for the environment because metal roofs can't rot.
The average cost per square foot for a metal roof is $3-$7.50.
If you are interested in making your home look as elegant as possible, you may want to choose a tile roof to help you do so. These are also resistant to fire and will help to provide your home with the protection from extreme weather conditions.
Studies indicate that a ceramic tile roof may last up to 75 years, and the average cost per square foot is $4.50-$9.00. This is one of the more expensive of the roofing materials.
Knowing the types of roofing materials for you to select from is ideal to help you avoid making the right rather than the wrong decision. Be sure to speak to a roofing contractor, like the ones at Alpen Roofing, in your area to help you with getting your new roof installed correctly and in a timely manner.